MCreator 1.6.1 for Minecraft 1.8.8!
MCreator for Minecraft 1.8.8 is here. Make mods for the latest version of Minecraft supported by the Minecraft Forge. This update also adds custom JSON and OBJ models not only for items and blocks, but also for tools and guns. A lot of bugs were fixed too. Hit read more to check what will this update bring!
You can also find this article on the Pylo's blog.
This update adds quite a lot of things. MCreator got updated to the Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.8.8 which is still beta, but is stable enough to be used for modding. So in order to use MCreator's mods for Minecraft 1.8.8, one has to download Minecraft Forge for client 1650 or higher which can be found here. We have also updated MCSkin3D to the latest version. Now MCreator supports custom 3D OBJ models as previously annouced on Pylo's blog. Now I'm going to higlight some of the intercace changes with some screenshots:
OBJ model selection in item creation menu, improved information form can be seen too
New alignement of the tools menu can be seen here alongside with the new Launch blender button
Slight improvement of the variable list
MCreator now has 64 and 32 bit option so it can take advantage of all the memory available. You can now download the version you prefer as we have also improved our download page. Do you like new layout. Leave a comment if you do! We have also verified that MCreator runs on Windows 10 and this update was actually compiled on one of our Windows 10 machines.
All the things MCreator 1.6.1 adds:
- Updated MCreator to the Minecraft 1.8.8
- Updated bundled MCSkin3D to version 220.127.116.112
- Updated Minecraft Forge to 1.8.8 BETA version 1650
- Added Techne installer into MCreator
- Added support for 3D OBJ models for blocks
- Added support for custom 3D JSON (Cubik) models for tools
- Added support for custom 3D JSON (Cubik) models for guns
- Added support for custom OBJ models for items
- Added support for custom OBJ models for guns
- Added support for custom OBJ models for tools
- Implemented Blender setup manager and launch button in tools menu
- Officially verified MCreator Windows 10 compatibility (target platform for further updates for Windows platform will be Windows 10)
- Increased initial gradle memory to 512 MB and default limit to 1324 MB in order to enable compilation of the new forge
- Added workspace for Minecraft 1.8 import support and automatic updating to the 1.8.8
- Applied some changes to make MCreator to work with Minecraft Forge MDK
- Improved tools menu layout and interface
- During the setup, MCreator loads optimal video settings into the Minecraft test environment to reduce memory consumption
- Removed the need to restart MCreator if the preferences were changed
- MCreator now doesn't need JAR file to run
- Made 32 and 64 bit edition of MCreator for Windows to make it able to allocate more memory if possible
- Some interface improvements
- Tab selection for tools, food, armor and guns
Bugs that were fixed in this update:
- If the mod contains errors and doesn't compile and user tries to export he mod, MCreator just crashes without any error message
- Fixed bug with static plant textures not working and showing pink and purple block instead
- Setting maximal amount of RAM for the gradle was not working due to the 32 and 64 bit architecture compatibility issues
- Fixed MCSkin3D texture import not working
- Fixed custom variable assigements and conditions not working
- Gravity for blocks didn't work with custom models
Stay tuned for the tutorial on how to make and import custom OBJ file into MCreator. And don't forget to check our latest video on the YouTube, year 2015 recap showing all the best mods of this year made with MCreator. Happy holidays and new year!