MCreator 1.5.5 for Minecraft 1.7.10 - Metro update!
Submitted by Klemen on Thu, 03/05/2015 - 19:43
As a lot of users wanted to have another 1.7.10 update, we made it. Unfortunately it doens't add slot GUIs yet, but it adds a lot of other cool things and also has a brand new look! It looks really awesome so you really should check it out!
So, firstly this update was meant to be the update which would make MCreator compatible with our new servers and would use all the advantages we've gotten with the move of our servers. But our development team has decided to do more and there it is. One of the coolest-looking MCreator updates so far.
First thing you will probably notice is the new interface which took the inspiration from the so-called Metro UI. It looks really neat. Check some pictures:
First screen of MCreator - user account, workspace management, news and mod of the week
Workspace tab with mod list, todo list and project browser
Metro-like tools menu with new layout to make things easier
New console is now standalone tab and makes reading logs easier as the screen is bigger
We have also made some changes on the field of textures. Now you can import GIF animations and Minewolf20 (developer) made great pixed editing tool for textures in his spare time.
MCreator now supports importing of animations so you can make blocks like this one:
Animation in actual Minecraft
New image editor for direct pixel manipulation now helps you draw your own textures when you are in a hurry
Some nasty bugs were fixed too. But I wont waste time with it, just check the changelog below ;)
What has been added:
- Added support for the new Pylo servers
- Changed interface to a brand new look
- Improved Pylo servers sync
- Added advanced image editor (by Minewolf20)
- Added support for GIF import inside animation maker
- Added support for animations with sizes from 16x16 to 512x512
- Improved mod of the week display
- Most of the windows are now displayed centered relative to the main window
- Blocked user access to the sensitive areas of MCreator during setup to prevent troubles caused by this
- Rebuilt MCreator in JDK 7 to natively support Java 7 (support for 5 and 6 is now dropped)
Bugs that were fixed:
- In some cases, texture button grayed out and you were unable to add texture unless you restarted MCreator
- If you add more than one GUI, only one of them opens even if you request to open the others in event result
- Fixed bug with workspace switching sometimes not working
- Fixed the file cache.properties missing bug on the setup
- Fixed some small bugs
- Fixed website sync (login) not working in some cases
And here is the review of the update by xXMCXx, moderator of this website who took time and made this awesome video:
Stay tuned as we might post some new videos regarding update and also start to talk about 1.8. Please leave a comment on what do you think about this update and if you like the new design!