Website moderators and update news
There were some problems with relationship between moderators and users on the website last days and I have decided to explain some things to calm down everyone :D. I will also reveal some info about the update status and the reason for such delay so don't hesitate to hit read more link!
The update was delayed because of two reasons: we worked on 1.8 for some weeks and then we decided to stay on 1.7.10 for now and this caused some delay. Secondly, we have accidentally wiped out the disc of one of the main Pylo servers and we had a lot of work around this. Now the problems are away and we should make some progress soon. Stay tuned about this!
The second reason for this article are some problems with relationship between moderators and users. We have strict rules about what can be posted and what not. If you post ads, talk offensively, if you are agressive or if you don't post in english language, moderator has right to remove your content. All spammers will have their accounts removed. The exact rules about criteria for the deleting of the mod are the ones cited below:
- if the picture is not from the author (find out using google image search or by common sense), because this causes problems on my side (ownerships)
- if the base of the picture is in white color, you can leave the mod if it is good enough (for ex. good description, more than 30 mods, ...), otherwise it should be removed as white pictures destroy the look of the website
- if the description is filled with random words just to bypass the 100 words criteria or if the desc. is filled with multiple instances of the same text
- if the mod file is not actually a mod file
- if the mod file was stolen and is not the property of the author
Note that this is exacly what moderators are told to do. I hope this clears some things out and I hope that you understand that we have to have some rules in order to keep website and community pages neat and friendly. Please leave your opinion in the comment section. Stay tuned for the MCreator updates!