HELP - Slot GUIs

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
quez1's picture
Gems: 0
HELP - Slot GUIs

Hi everyone!

Could anyone please give a simple tutorial for making a new Slot GUI?
I've been experimenting and looking around but I can't seem to find anything. What I would like to do is to make a block similar to a furnace. Could anyone tell me how to do that please?

Thanks in advance!

Quez1

Gems: 0
its a litle bit complicated..

its a litle bit complicated..

you need to make 1x Output Slot, 2x Input Slot

Then you need 2 blocks, one is the normal furnace, and the other one is the lit furnace

then you go to the normal furnace and add "on rightclick block" ====> Open Basic GUI

In the GUI you just need to add a limitation item on coal etc. and when you put an item there, it changes the block into the lit furnace. without the coal [you can set the "delay for smelting with the tickrate of the lit furnace] everytime when the lit furnaces ticks are updatet, just add the "put item into slot" thingy :3

Sry for bad english, im german, hope i can help you :3

Mr_Alpha's picture
Gems: 46
Or you could make a redstone

Or you could make a redstone furnace and just say on rightclick open basic gui and the gui is just an input slot limited to one item and when that item is put in it puts the smelted version in your inventory.

Gems: 115
i dont get it.. why u need 2

i dont get it.. why u need 2 blocks;/?

ArcaneMortis's picture
Gems: 143
gustavo, you dont require 2

gustavo, you dont require 2 blocks. thats just to create the appearance of the furnace going from unlit to lit, similar to what we talked about in another thread with animated textures.

yeah i should had said

yeah i should had said 'elements' not blocks i know what you talking about, but i still dont get it, because every time the game create a item on any slot a make, and i try to grab it, it vanish.. so how i get the item?

keep in mind i know hot to make a machine that takes and gives item after delays with ticks so basic what i just need is to make these slots work like the ones from industrialcraft.

but the machines i make give

but the machines i make give/take stuff but they dont have GUI, i forgot to mention that.

Gems: 6
RE:but the machines i make give

@gustavowizard123 Any idea on how i would go about creating a furnace type where you would put to types of item in and get an item out. e.g. iron in one slot, gold in another and in the output slot you get gold infused iron?