Why can't they add a feature where you can replace the old MCreator files when downloading?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
NiteDasher's picture
Gems: 0
Why can't they add a feature where you can replace the old MCreator files when downloading?

Whenever MCreator gets an update and I open it, it says "Hey, new update!" like usual.

I download the new version, let it install, reconfigure the paths for my shortcut, import my mods, and new version!

But the one thing that bugs me is that it doesn't delete the other MCreator files. And changing the paths is tiring enough. And users probably don't want that version on their PC anymore, but since this is made for people not good at coding, they might get scared on deleting it.

So why can't Pylo just make a button that you press which saves and closes MCreator, starts downloading the new version, deletes the other files, adds in the files for the mods you worked on, and then you can just sign in to your account?

Please, Pylo, take some time and try and add this feature. It's been bugging me and I'm getting tired of deleting old files, half the time I get worried if the old verison is open or I'm deleting the wrong save, or I haven't backed up my mods yet...

Seriously. I might stop using MCreator if this continues.

Don't worry. Export to .mcr

Don't worry. Export to .mcr file downloade the new version of mcreator and delete all the old files and replase with the new one and import .mcr file.

NiteDasher's picture
I know you can do that. That

I know you can do that. That's not the point.

Hello.