Question about mod textures.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
xxstaten's picture
Gems: 0
Question about mod textures.

Tried getting help in 2 other locations. Thought maybe someone here would answer.

So I'm debating on making a mod for minecraft, but I got stumped at something.

I have learned that using vanilla textures in your resource pack isn't allowed, makes sense, but what about mods? What if your mod requires something from vanilla minecraft? Can you use vanilla textures with your resource pack?

Very simple example: If I were to make a cosmetic mod, where you craft leather armor and flowers together, can I use the vanilla leather armor texture, and put vanilla texture flowers on it, to create the new cosmetic for the mod? Or do I have to make a completely new leather armor and flower to go with the mod? (which wouldn't look right...)

How does all this work?

Wassaka's picture
@xxstaten Lol, just type

@xxstaten Lol, just type minecraft:BLOCK  in the render constructor...

xxstaten's picture
RE:@xxstaten Lol, just type

@Wassaka That doesn't seem to make any sense to what my question was...

Brich036's picture
Gems: 2
i believe you can but armor

i believe you can but armor its not easy tho you have to make the style like leather, iron, gold etc in Mcreator but you know if you do that you'll get the normal colors you choose but if you want your own design then you have to design it from scratch with paint.net or any other program you use so in order todo what you said you have to get the leather armor texture and a flower and combine them togeather in paint.net or any other program..i guess...i completely confused myself lol

xxstaten's picture
RE:i believe you can but armor

@Brich036 Yeah all that isn't the problem :). I just wanted to make sure that it is allowed to use vanilla textures in mods. Didn't want to 'get into trouble' or anything. This is my first time messing with this sort of stuff, but I do know it's not allowed in resource packs.

Brich036's picture
Gems: 2
you shouldnt get in trouble

you shouldnt get in trouble for it to be honets its simliar to having a normal vanilla minecraft block/item and just changing he color of it like doors its the same door just a driffernt colour for most mods so you shouldnt

Mr_Alpha's picture
Gems: 58
Yeah, you should be fine.

Yeah, you should be fine.