PLEASE RETURN TECHNE

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
PLEASE RETURN TECHNE

I am making a mod with a lot of blocks with custom block models. Yet, I am now stuck in development, since the block models are now made with BDcraft. I don't like BDcraft, because it makes applying textures much harder. Please return Techne, because it is much easier to use.

Who is with me?

Sincerely,

Mihail Potapovich

Use mrcrayfish model creator

Use mrcrayfish model creator

better, and no limits + its free!

maxde6's picture
Gems: 7
RE:Use mrcrayfish model creator

@FinnT730 mr crayfishes model maker isnt supported by mcreator ive tried it doesnt work

I think that it would be

I think that it would be better with techne, but developers think that it`s out of date... but about mrclayfish model creator... I think it`s good..

Mr_Alpha's picture
Gems: 58
I'm with ya! I tried to make

I'm with ya! I tried to make a mining laser with techne, took me about 45 minutes. Then I went in and it said to import the .json file? I was like, 'What is this witchcraft?' So then I tried MCSkin 3D and couldn't even figure it out! Bring back Techne!

Creeper521's picture
They cannot return Techne,

They cannot return Techne, because minecraft 1.8 now uses .json models and Techne doen't support .json. MCreator must use .json for block models because that is what Mojang uses for block models. They used to use .java until changed in 1.8. Sorry, unless Techne supports .json files, it won't happen. Technically, you could still use Techne if it used .json and .java files. Go complain to Techne to still keep .java files, but add in .json files.

Mr_Alpha's picture
Gems: 58
I wonder if you could export

I wonder if you could export a block model from Techne as .java but then in the dropdown choose all files instead and rename it to something.json? would that work?

Creeper521's picture
RE:I wonder if you could export

@Mr_Alpha Hmm... I don't know. I do not think so. Maybe save it as a .java, but then later open it up in file explorer and make it a .json by renaming it later.

Coolguy1260's picture
Why don't you use tabula? It

Why don't you use tabula? It's the same as technetium but updated!