Animated Traffic Lights and Ceiling Fans

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Animated Traffic Lights and Ceiling Fans

Hey guys,

I've uploaded 2 mods (Windows Plus and Log Cabin) for 1.7.10 so far thanks to MCreator. I know they aren't perfect, but they were just some ideas that I had. If anybody would like me to really put some time into them and update them, please let me know. Basically, I've just been testing my abilities using MCreator thus far, and those were some of the ideas I came up with. However, MCreator deleted both of my mods, and I cannot get them to reload. As I said, I will update them if requested, but, otherwise, I'm content with leaving them the way they are. On to my next idea...

I have created a working traffic light and a working ceiling fan. The traffic light works all the time. There is no redstone required. It is animated to change itself after a certain period of time. The ceiling fan is powered by redstone. I could just upload these as individual components if anybody would like me to do so. However, I'm looking for some other ideas that may be of interest to the community related to either of these items. Let me know what YOU want. 

Thanks 

Cars? Traffic Lights + Cars =

Cars? Traffic Lights + Cars = AWESOME

Cars already exist though. I

Cars already exist though. I use Flan's mod and add in some of the Flan's mod content packs. If I created cars, I couldn't compete with his. Milox117 cars are the best, but you have to edit the files to add speed to them or they barely move. There are also 2 more car mods that I've used. The Cars and Drives mod and Vehicular Movement mod. Both are decent (better than what I could do at this point), so I will leave that to the pros.

ok :D thats cool though!  

ok :D thats cool though!

If you want to see the

If you want to see the traffic light or fan in action, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbBBZdXIQGU

Hey theohioan, You have done

Hey theohioan, You have done an excellent job towards creating these new features. This is up to you but I would love to see these in my Orepia Mod! I will make Sure to have all the credit of these objects go to you!

Thanks!

RE:Hey theohioan, You have done

@DamopiaDude Thanks. It would be cool with me if you'd like to put them in your mod. I'd like to check out your mod too. Would you like me to adjust anything? Different textures or anything? Do you want it uploaded here as is?

Thany you theohian, my mod

Thany you theohian, my mod link is https://mcreator.pylo.co/modification/14041/orepia-mod-115. I would like to make more textures for the traffic light because where I live the background of it is black not yellow but we can do both. Also can you comment what you exactly did to do this? What I mean is like the animated textures and the coding behing the ceiling fan to make it spin so I can add it into my mod.  Thanks and I will leave all credit towards you. P.S Orepia Mod 1.1.9 is coming out very soon, I'll put a link in here for just for you of it once its completed as an early release! Thanks

RE:Thany you theohian, my mod

@DamopiaDude Do you use Techne for your models? That is the way I created my models. I will try to explain the way I did it so you can make your own. I will try to create a tutorial somewhere online. As soon as I'm done, I will let you know. I'm thinking about expanding the traffic light mod to include turning arrows as well as a flashing red light. Perhaps I will even add in some powerlines and poles for aesthetic purposes only. However, I will try to get the tutorial created for you first. It's not that difficult, but there are several steps.

Yes, I do use Techne but I

Yes, I do use Techne but I was thinking, the Orepia Mod is mainly based on Ores but insteaad we should work to creating a new mod, you can choose the name but I was thinking like the Highway Mod!

RE:Yes, I do use Techne but I

@DamopiaDude Creating a new mod sounds like a plan to me. Do you want to continue this convo via email so we don't fill this thread? If so, mine is theohioan@hotmail.com

Pages