A Little Help? I Don't Think This Has Been Done Before.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
A Little Help? I Don't Think This Has Been Done Before.

What I'm trying to do is create a mod that adds a new music disc to the game. When you right-click the air with this item, it will open a link to a website that will have several downloadable songs. You choose a song and the disc automaticaly becomes a music disc for that song, making it almost 100% customizable. (i think i spelled that wrong XD) Anyways, I have no clue how to do this, nor do I know if its even possible. Helping me figure this out so I can release the mod would make the experiences of adventure maps, minecraft movies, and so on WAY better. Horror maps could have creepy music, Star Wars maps could have star wars music, anything could have ANY kind of music! So I'm asking for your help. How do I do this?!??!??!?

-Radiatepie6952

P.S. If you have an alternative solution, please let me know. I now realize that opening a link in-game could negatively affect gameplay, so maybe it could open up a little menu with a ton of different songs on it or something, idk. I just need a way to pull this mod off.

Edited by: Radiatedpie6952 on 07/28/2015 - 21:13

Creeper521's picture
Well you could maker a GUI

Well you could maker a GUI for the list of songs, but I don't know how to play the song.

Android Flash's picture
I don't know how to do that

I don't know how to do that neither, but you could try to modify a resporce pack instead to fit your music needs. Make a thread or a forum post asking what is next needed. Replace the music with other .ogg files with the same names. Now the music discs should change too. Here is a tutorial to do so. Not my channel.