Using External Mods in MCreator/Test Environment

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Using External Mods in MCreator/Test Environment

Hello all,

I'm wondering if it currently possible to somehow put external mods into MCreator.

There are several different ways this could happen, and I don't know which are possible now and if some of these are impossible.

For example, say I wanted to make a mod that is compatible with another mod (say the Lord of the RIngs mod or whatever), and add a recipe that uses blocks from that mod.

Another example could be if I don't want to implement my mod into another mod, but I want to make sure they are compatible and test them together in the test environment.

Finally, say my computer is slow and Minecraft is lagging and I wanted to put Optifine in so that I could use the MCreator Test environment properly.

Is it possible to do any of these right now with MCreator? If not, is it possible to add any of them?

Sorry if this has been asked before; I was unable to find any similar questions.

Thank you

Alright so I found this

Alright so I found this folder:

MCreator156 > forge > eclipse

Which looks essentially the same as the typical .minecraft folder with Forge installed, including the mods folder. I tried putting Optifine into the mods folder there, and then tried running the client test environment. This opens the Minecraft window (black starting screen), but then immediately crashes. In the Console this shows up when the crash happens:

>:runClient FAILED
>FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
>* What went wrong:
>Execution failed for task ':runClient'.
>> Process 'command 'C:\Pylo\MCreator156\jdk\bin\java.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value -1
>* Try:
>Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

Did you try with mods other

Did you try with mods other then optifine? It might just be optifine that crashes the game, I know that optifine crashes my normla minecraft, i might test that now, ill share my results

Good point, I will try that.

Good point, I will try that.

I tried some other mods and

I tried some other mods and they either had no effect or did the same thing.

I downloaded the Chocolate

I downloaded the Chocolate quest mod, mutant creatures, and optifine before years back, but I can't remember how. Its possible that the format has changed.

Gems: 18
You have to go in Mcreator

You have to go in Mcreator>forge>run>Mods