Need to know how to make block face player when its placed and update i,j,k.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 11
Need to know how to make block face player when its placed and update i,j,k.

I have been wondering on how to do this for some time, Its probley so simple and I am probley over looking on the system how to set this up.

I am working on a mod that a block acts as one large crafting object for my server I will have soon, and at this time I have it only able to be placed one way with the blocks facing north and I want it to be able to place the the blocks facing the player.

also It has to remember where the crafting blocks are and where the blocks to be crafted are too, It should not matter what way the block is facing but as long as its there.
I am cerently using the conditions in events to find the blocks to make sure all the blocks of the machine are there before the GUI for the main panel opens for the player to pick what to craft.
and depending on IF the right block is in the right place befire it removes the block its crafting and place the crafted block on the other side.

If anyone knows how to rotate the textures so it faces the player and how to update the cords for the, i,j,k.

Any help would be great I am sure we can figure it out toggether.

Gems: 11
I have been trying different

I have been trying different methods and I was able to use Events to update a block, its probably not the best way but what you would need to do is have one block for every side you want to rotate it to, then in events of each block set "When Right Clicked" and pick Add Block, then pick the one of the other textured blocks, you could make a tool like a wrench or what not then make the condition only rotate if player is holding that item. Its probably not the best or easiest way and I know you will run in to problems down the road if your using it for a server because you will need to remove the blocks once there is a better way but over all its the best I Have.

Gems: 115
this is not a solution this

this is not a solution this insanity.. you would have to modelling x4 times more for you rmod...