Downloading the 'Mod of the Week'???

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Downloading the 'Mod of the Week'???

Hi. In my copy of MCreator it says that the mod of the week is 'Final Science'. I'm a 68 year old enthusiast so I'm hoping someone will take pity on me and give me the answer to this. If I was to download this mod were in MCreator do I put it. I've found files in MCreator that says 'MOD' but when I've tried ie putting a mod into this file.... MCreator will not go into Minecraft?????

xXMCXx's picture
Gems: 378
@sonofkong You can not do

@sonofkong You can not do that, the only way you can use other peoples mods in your MCreator is if you have the MCR file. The only reason you would need an MCR file is to edit the existing mod which is stealing especially if you did not receive permision. If you wish to play the mod then download Forge and open the minecraft folder and palce the mod in there. there are many tutorials on how to install forge and use mods.

Gems: 0
RE:@sonofkong You can not do

First off, I'm greatful for the candor from you, to be honest, I'm not interested in stealing anything of anyone. I HAVE already done my own mod using the official download of Minecraft. Unfortunately for me it doesn't look like anyone will get to play it as I'm having difficultiy gettig a server set up in windows 8. I'm using Custom NPC (which is a mod) so it would seem the .exe server from Minecraft wont take a mod???? only it seems if I set up a server using .jar files... that's where the problem lies with my windows 8, I can't get it to recognise .bat file (in the official server setup) so I'm not able to get a server that suits my situation. I was hoping MCreator was going to be better for me in achieving all of this.

xXMCXx's picture
Gems: 378
RE:RE:@sonofkong You can not do

@sonofkong You could Comment on the page and ask for a .jar version.