Help me to create a tiger

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Help me to create a tiger

Hello everybody, i have a problem, because i make a mod with wild animals like tiger and here the nose of my tigers doesn't follow their heads, please help me !

here it's normal :

and here it's not normal ! :

thank you to read me and help me please, if my english is not very good, it's normal beacause i'm french ! :/

Would you be willing to tell

Would you be willing to tell me how you made the tiger so far? For example if you used Techne for the model, how you set the animation points etc.

Do the ears move with the head, or are they stationary like the nose? If they do move, do you know why?

Based on this wiki it looks like the rotation point (blue circle in Techne) needs to be at the same place as the rotation point of the head: http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Modelling_in_Techne#Making_a_model

Also this video might help. I can't understand a word of it but it seems to be discussing the same or a very similar problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNoFi6A6V1A

I really hope you get a more helpful answer as I'm having similar problems with a bird I'm making where the head and feet don't move with the neck and legs, and something with the wings.

Do you want a picture of my

Do you want a picture of my animations points, because they are like a real animal I set them ! And the ears are stationnary like the nose, I think the problem is when I create it in Mcreator, you know when you upload the techne file/java file mcreator say " set the parts " and they're head, leg 1 etc... And there is no "nose" no "ears" !

I will try to set the rotation point at the same point of the head and I'd give some news ! :)

Thank you for the video I will try to know what he say and  I hope you too succeed you mod :D !

I've figured out that the

I've figured out that the video is outdated and you don't need to use it anymore. MCreator already does all of the stuff in the video for you.

I've also figured out how to make so your nose and ears will move with the head. In Techne, make sure the rotation points for all the parts you want to move together are in the same place. For example, if you want the ears, and nose, and the head to move with each other, make it so that their rotation points (the blue balls) are in exactly the same spot using the "Offset" section.

Next you need to make it so all of the shapes you want to have connected are in the same Piece. At the bottom right of the "Model Tree" box in Techne you will see two buttons, "Folder" and "Piece". Click on the "Piece" button and it will add a Piece into your Model Tree. You can name the piece whatever you like, but make sure it has a different name from any of the shapes. Now drag the shapes you want connected (ears, head, nose) into the piece. You will notice that now when you select the piece it will have a red ball/rotation point instead of a blue one. Also when you position the piece all of the shapes will move together.

Now when you import the model (java file) into MCreator, for the head animation you won't be able to find head, ears, or nose, only the piece you made which has all of those inside it. If you select the piece for the head animation, and there are no other problems with the mob, it should work now.

By the way, for some reason "Folders" in Techne don't work in MCreator, so you need to make sure the Model Tree for your Techne models don't have any folders. Pieces are fine though.

I hope this helps you! If there are still problems sure, post a picture of the tiger model.