How to make golems spawn in when built

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Drewpy's picture
Gems: 11
How to make golems spawn in when built

I discovered that you can make a golem with MCreator that spawns in when you built a certain structure! The only problem is that you need a custom block in order for it to work, e.g. you can't make a golem spawn in with just dirt and and a pumpkin. It has to have a custom block somewhere in the structure. I have a block in a mod I'm working on called Dormant Phyrothite, and it is a black metal. I want a Phyrothite golem (a mob I made that is basically a black and purple iron golem) to spawn in when I build a "T" out of Dormant Phyrothite, and put a pumpkin on top, similarly to a traditional Iron Golem. For instance, in the Update Tick event of Dormant Phyrothite, I selected the condition Block At (DON'T select !Block At), and then I selected Dormant Phyrothite. In the condition box, where it said [i,j,k], I changed it to [i,j-1,k]. This makes it check for if there is a Dormant Phyrothite block under the central Dormant Phyrothite. Then, on the left, I selected Stack Event, and clicked the Add Event button in the middle (not the one on the bottom!!!). In the condition for this new event, I did the same thing as last time, except I made [i,j,k] into [i-1,j,k]. I repeated the Stack Event, and Add Event another time, with the same Block At condition, but made it [i+1,j,k]. Again, Stack Event and Add Event, but this time, when I did the Block At condition, I selected a Pumpkin, and changed [i,j,k] to [i,j+1,k]. One last Stack Event and Add Event. In this event, I spawned in the Phyrothite Golem. I selected the Add Event button on the bottom, and then selected the Add Event button under the Stacked Event. This time, I did the event Remove block, and chenged j to j+1. Add Event on the bottom, Add event in the middle. Same thing, I selected the Remove Block event, but changed i to i-1. I repeated the Remove Block event 3 more times, once changing i to i+1, once changing j to j-1, and the last time, keeping i, j, and k the same. I spammed Add Event on the bottom until you get back to the first page. This is going to sound awful, but, I had to do this entire thing again under the Update Tick Event, but I did all the changes you did to i to k, e.g. change the Block At [i,j,k] to [i,j,k+1], where I did [i+1,j,k] the first time I went throught the process. Then, I finished the block, and started the Test Environment. I built a "T" out of Dormant Phyrothite, put a pumpkin on top, and voila! A Phyrothite Golem spawned just like an Iron Golem would! I'll be making a video tutorial for this soon as well if this was a TL;DR, or if you just don't understand it.

xXMCXx's picture
Gems: 271
This is great, a video

This is great, a video tutorial would be great though. also I never noticed the == or !=, Drewpy do you know what the differnece is?

Drewpy's picture
RE:This is great, a video

@xXMCXx  Yes, in code, == means equals, and != means not equals. A ! before anything usually means not.

Drewpy's picture
Video Tutorial: https://www
Gems: 0
Hey drewpy i have a problem i

Hey drewpy i have a problem i cant export my mods oh also that golem thing is cool i used it : )

Drewpy's picture
RE:Hey drewpy i have a problem i

@Marley25 What error is it giving you? I'm glad you liked the golem technique thing!

Cool golem thing.PS I'm new
Cool golem thing.PS I'm new and won't get on much. Not made a mod yet. (:>)
sorry i coudnt answer my

sorry i coudnt answer my sister uses the pc all day. when ever i press export and then all the info it exits out the export page then it exits out of mcreator to and it dosnt export.

drewpy do u know how to make

drewpy do u know how to make a animal drop items say like a pig

Drewpy's picture
RE:drewpy do u know how to make

@Marley25  You can't with MCreator for the same reason that you can only use your own blocks to make golems

ok THnx  

ok THnx

Pages