How do I add new items to my mod without having to replace the old mod

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
How do I add new items to my mod without having to replace the old mod

hey Iv been having a problem figuring this out I have blocks I used in the game from a mod I made but I want to add some more things to that mod problem is if I add those things and replace the new updated mod with the old one in the mod folder in the game then those blocks I used in the game will be gone (even though those same blocks are still in the new mod), I tried just adding the new parts from the updated mod to the old one but that didn't work the new blocks didn't show up, I hope I explained that well enough I really need help with this I really need new stuff added to my mod without removing my blocks in the game

can somepne please help me

can somepne please help me with this I know there must be a way to do it I just can't figure out how

I have no idea what ur

I have no idea what ur talking about....But I guess you just need to press the "Create New Element" button?

RE:I have no idea what ur

antonpersson99 sorry I don't always explain things well. I mean when I create a mod with blocks and other things and export it into a mod (using the export the mod button) then add that mod to minecraft but then I later decide that I want to add more blocks and stuff to the same mod how do I add just the new blocks and stuff to the already exported mod, cause normally I have to just re-export the whole mod and then delete the previous one and add the updated one the problem with that is though that the blocks from the old mod get removed from minecraft even though there still in the updated one

Why are you exporting the mod

Why are you exporting the mod if ur not happy with it? Just use the test client included in MCreator.

RE:Why are you exporting the mod

@antonpersson99 because I'm building a map and I add blocks I need for it as I go Ill be in the middle of building and realize I need something for the build that I don't have and I don't want to make whole other mod for every little thing

Hmm....okay. Then you should

Hmm....okay. Then you should either plan-ahead what map ur gonna do and what u need for it. Otherwise, you'll just have to export your mod everytime u add new content.

RE:Hmm....okay. Then you should

@antonpersson99 so in other words it is not possible?