How do i convert .zip to .jar??

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
How do i convert .zip to .jar??

I want my mod to be a .jar file and not .zip.

Can somebody help?

IK How To Do It but then it

IK How To Do It but then it crashes. but go to workspace and at the top press convert to .zip or .jar

nicolink's picture
It's simple. Export your mod

It's simple. Export your mod as .zip, then when it's on your desktop rename it to (modname).jar. Seriously, a jar file is just a renamed zip file.

RE:It's simple. Export your mod

but which can be used better zip . or jar. ? I do not have such a sense of there
@nicolink  

Demonic_Intent's picture
A JAR file works better in my

A JAR file works better in my opinion. When Exporting your Mod choose the Save As Item Type: All Files, and Add ".jar" at the end of the name. Click Save, then you have a JAR File directly from the export. Some Operating Systems will not allow you to just change the name of a file, so this method is more correct. Yet, just renaming from a .zip to .jar is still correct in some cases.

SwaggyPig's picture
Gems: 20
RE:A JAR file works better in my

@Demonic_Intent nearly there, just the fact that some os doesn't let you convert files in wrong: it's just a setting you can change. It's VERY helpful in Mc modding!

Why is .zip the default mod file type?!?!?!

Also, I hate the fact that there are tonnes of mod zip files - Forge no longer supports them, so if you see a mod that's still in .zip then tell the author to make it a jar.

Um...... not so cool name guy who posted this thread. Penis 8. No comment. 

Gems: 489
Jar is now default. But the

Jar is now default. But the fact is that jar and zip are the same thing, but with different file extension. In case of MCreator, both of them contain manifect directory so they really are the same thing with different extension.

SwaggyPig's picture
Gems: 20
RE:Jar is now default. But the

@Klemen Klemen, I understand what you are saying, but In my case, dragging and dropping a .zip file in the mods folder doesn't work. They are not exactly the same. Renaming the extension is risky, and can destroy the file (I have tried). .jar mods are much easier.