Cant Test Mod (Recompilation is in background)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
becky022000's picture
Gems: 0
Cant Test Mod (Recompilation is in background)

Hi there. So I just got MCreator and I made a few mods......but when I go to test them, I get this:

---------------------

Warning:

Recompilation is still in progress in background!

Please try again!

----------------------

And it isnt just 1 mod I get this error with.....its with ALL of my other ones to (aka my other attempts at trying got get this fixed).

It is really frusturating expessially since THERE IS NO HELP ON THE INTERNET FOR THIS....I checked everywhere but it seems like its just me >< I have loged off and back on, deleted the mod and re made it, restarted my computer......and I am giving up.

I believe I just got like the newest of the new version since when I was installing mcreator(2 days ago)I refreshed thedownload page which had 3 download links before but then turned into 2; the whole application is also completly different looking from ones you see from tutorials.

Anyways, if I keep pressing the test button over and over, I eventually get this:

----------------------

Problamatic Mods:

Most likely, this was caused by the last mod you made.

Edit this mod and make sure you fill in all the form elements.

----------------------

So yeah..... here is also the coding (the gradle log) in the mod I am making (I have made a new mob with a gui screen)

C:\Pylo\MCreator155\forge\build\sources\java\mod\mcreator\mcreator_becky022000.java:147: error: EntityAIDoorInteract is abstract; cannot be instantiated
this.tasks.addTask(6, new EntityAIDoorInteract(this));
                      ^
C:\Pylo\MCreator155\forge\build\sources\java\mod\mcreator\mcreator_becky022000.java:262: error: non-static variable instance cannot be referenced from a static context
if(entity instanceof EntityPlayer)((EntityPlayer)entity).openGui(instance, mcreator_becky022000GUI.GUIID, world, i, j, k);
                                                                 ^
2 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!

Gems: 0
Okay so the recompilation is

Okay so the recompilation is still going on in the background issue is the first one you need to fix. i believe this is also what caused your other issues. When you finish making a mod it automatically starts to recompile. so you need to watch the console and when it is done then try testing. You will see a line in the console that says build successful. Then you can try to run the console to test it. You will get errors if you close the application before recompilation is done. so try to let it finish recompiling. Watching the console will tell you when it is done.

EpicFire000's picture
Gems: 1
RE:Okay so the recompilation is

@cislabh It says 'Build Successful'. But then I click the test button, and the message still shows up. A minute or two later, it opens Minecraft with the mod on it. So it works, but still shows up with 'recompilation in background'. Why is this happening?