Teaching students MCReator

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Teaching students MCReator

Hello!!

My name is Luke, I am an after school teacher who has been showing some students how to make mods in MCreator!

For the most part it's wonderful. We use the the mac version which is not ideal but it's what we have in the computer lab. We run into some problems that I was wondering if the MCreator could help with (these problems persisted even after we completely reinstalled MCreator.

1. One of the students has run into a problem whenever he tries to upload or place a texture when he tries to make an item. He clicks on the item texture window but it does not open up a window to pick a texture. I have tried everything, it is just not working.

2. What typically causes crashes in mcreator with custom mobs? I have a student who has 2 custom mobs in his project (just reskinned).

Does the MCreator community have any advice for what to do here?

Keep on keeping on!!

-Luke "the Overlord" Palmer

mtn dew 314's picture
Gems: -2
for the texture problem, its

for the texture problem, its probably because he didn't click the "item" button when he made the texture or its just not rendering and you need to find the texture folder and grab the texture then import the texture back in

I love redstone
I live redstone
I bleed redstone
I AM A REDSTONER!!

mtn dew 314's picture
Gems: -2
for the mob, its probably

for the mob, its probably because of the events with the mob. like what is drops, what it has on for armor, what type of creature it is, what AI it has, what model it has. try messing around with those aspects of the mob(s).

it could just be a deleted item that the mob has
it could be an item on as armor
using a deleted texture file
etc..

I love redstone
I live redstone
I bleed redstone
I AM A REDSTONER!!