Advanced teleportation

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Advanced teleportation

So i have this in my mod   http://i.imgur.com/2Y4AsRW.png         it is a magic mirror and i have big plans for it!

I want to make it so that when i right click on another mirror it saves those coordinates so that you can then teleport back to that mirror by walking through 

the first mirror

this sound simple... but saving coordinates is not actually a thing atm and teleporting back is also a challenge

if anyone has any idea of how to code for this i would be thankfull for knowing.

Thanks!

Link to the past :D

Link to the past :D

I'm sorry I have no idea. I'm in the basics of Java but I would very much like to know this as well!

hmm. I would make three

hmm. I would make three variables Tpx, tpy, and tpz. then I would use
Right click event to set Tpx to i and tpy to j and tpz to k.
then when you collide into next mirror use colide event to teleport using teleport event, except on teleport event set i to tpx, j to tpy, and k to tpz.
I hope i make sense.

RE:hmm. I would make three

Yeah I already tried that, I couldn't get it set a variable to the I,j and k coordinated

I tried it works for me use

I tried it works for me use variable set on right click

If any coders read this think

If any coders read this think of it as a challenge!
The reward being that your awesome!!! So if you manage saving coordinates for teleporting I'd love to know how, or maybe taleport back to spawnpoint.

RE:I tried it works for me use

Yeah but plugging them back into a to command is not easy, and also, how did you set it to a coordinate?

I use a core. They right

I use a core. They right click the core to set coordinates. Then they can collide with the other block to teleport to the core.

Interesting, is this in your

Interesting, is this in your mod? I will try this when I get home for alkemicraft v1.5.5 but if you have images I would like to see them. Thanks