How would i make a spreadig block?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
How would i make a spreadig block?

So i just made a block and i would like to how to make it spread to other dirt blocks.

So the whole biome would be "infected" with this block. 

Sorry im new to mcreator :)

Thanks 

TheFallenEmpire's picture
Gems: -1
Make it so When a random

Make it so When a random update comes by it will destroy the block right, left, or under it and place the infected block! This way with each update the infected block will spread throughout the world!

Haven't Tried it yet but surely that it will work!

RE:Make it so When a random

@TheFallenEmpire Thanks for your reply, but my problem is how would i get it to destroy the block then place it back without it being luck? Other there would be holes around it and random floating infected blocks surrounding it, thanks :) @TheFallenEmpire

RE:RE:Make it so When a random

@ayciate Would it be in the custom code part? Im sure it would be something like
Replace nearby 'Block.Dirt" to "Block.Infected"

YES! I Got it and also tried

YES! I Got it and also tried it....
First You'll have to Custom Code for the Random Update part and the Remove Block function can be used if the block it is removing is Dirt. Then it will place the Infected Block.....
Thus by applying this Formula The Block duplicates itself to the nearest Dirt block and then Wala!

Need Help Still?

RE:YES! I Got it and also tried

@TheFallenEmpire What was the custom code you used? I dont really know how to use java script :).
I can then see how it works. Thanks for your great respond :D

RE:YES! I Got it and also tried

@TheFallenEmpire Also when do the add block and put + (int)(Math.random()*3) in only 2 of them it creates a square and not a circle of blocks.
Thanks for you help :)

Look! You are Doing it Wrong!

Look! You are Doing it Wrong! First Go to the Part where it say's When block placed, When Block Right Click, Blah blah.... Over there Find "On Random Update".
Open that and there you'll have the Codding area, Now at the Right side just Find Destroy Block (or Remove Block, Can't remember) and click on it...
OK Then on the top of the screen there is a Tab that says [In all casses], click it and then select [When block at i, j, k], Once done.. Click on the tab again, only this time try to write something in it and then add this into it [when block at i, j, k+1]. You'll also have to select the Dirt block! OK...
Now You'll Have to replace the block so just Go back to the Trigger Menu and Again Select "On Random Update" Click add Block and then select the Infected Block Remember to change the Location of "J" to "J+1"....
I'll send you the MRC file if you wan't! :)

RE:Look! You are Doing it Wrong!

@TheFallenEmpire Hi, i don't understand how you got it to work. When i do it it juts creates an ever-growing cube of my infected block. Thanks yet again for your reply :D

Im going to make a youtube

Im going to make a youtube tutorial on it soon! :D :P :) :D

RE:Im going to make a youtube

@TheFallenEmpire Awesome :D. Make sure when you do link it here. Thanks so much for helping :)