Throwing Items

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Throwing Items

Hello, for our mod we want to add some pretty awesome features. But my partner and I have run into a situation. We need a custom code that allows you to throw enderpearls when you are wearing an armor set. Also we need a custom code to disable fall damage entirely when you are wearing armor.

Thanks!

I know how to do throwing

I know how to do throwing items,

First, make a texture,
Then make a gun with the texture,
Then in the bullets (the thing it shoots) choose the gun.

It shoots itself so you can throw it.

RE:I know how to do throwing

@sarpyuce We don't want a gun we want a sword that shoots fireballs but it crashes the game everytime we tried it.

To disable fall damage watch

To disable fall damage watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6rNBiex8Vk

Video is not mine; credits to: Killer Unicorns

MatejMSGamer's picture
Yeah, I need that code too

Yeah, I need that code too

I want to make spear, but I can´t program it. If I find it, I will write it here, OK

Nuparu00's picture
Gems: 303
RE:Yeah, I need that code too

@MatejMSGamer If you want make your thrown spear looks differant than arrow , you must make custom entity. If you want , i can maybe make small guide.

ArcaneMortis's picture
Gems: 143
RE:RE:Yeah, I need that code too

@Nuparu00  Any progress on that guide Nuparu00? :) Im working on a Harry Potter mod and my wand/magic system would be pretty dependant on such a revelation lol

Gems: 1
RE:RE:RE:Yeah, I need that code too

@ArcaneMortis I too am working on such a potter mod system, still in the fetal stages, but definately working on such. So far I created a floo network, just need to learn how to "Create" each network, and "link" them. I know how to set warps, but I so far only know how to set them with coodinates, which is useless if you want to make them in game. If you get a working set of complex wands, id love to see how you go about this. Also if you learn to convert your mod to work in a multiplayer enviroment.

ArcaneMortis's picture
Gems: 143
RE:RE:RE:RE:Yeah, I need that code too

@sean_amor Hey sean_amor, sorry for the delay! You might want to give the floocraft mod by FredTargaryen/Hellllp at http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/...

Ive been using that one for a while with my other slew of mods (182 of em right meow) to great satisfaction, and it works pretty much exactly as you describe your intended outcome. As far as my wands go I had put them off since the time of my last post given the limitations of mCreators "gun" item creation, but since the most recent update included the ability to change projectile models Ive been back at work on them. Let me know if you would like to colaborate, Im looking to make an all-encompasing mod to go with an ignorantly large Harry Potter build

MatejMSGamer's picture
yeah sure :) thnx    

yeah sure :) thnx