Why don't I recognise any of these mods

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gems: 0
Why don't I recognise any of these mods

So im thinking of creating a mod but know little about java programing. I came across this and thought great this might help.

But looking through the mods created using these tools, not a single one is recognisable.

have any mods created using this ever been including in any popular modpacks?

if not is there a reason why? i read somewhere that mods created using tools like these are usually badly coded and cause issues on servers or perform poorly.

Im hoping im wrong as i really would like to use something like this.

As a secondary question but not as important

Out of curiosity is there a way of transporting items, power and fluids visual through the air like thaum craft essentia (from warded jars to infusion alters or like translocators using this mod creator tool?

Wes
Wes's picture
Gems: 3
Answer

I didn't have any problem with my Hotline Miami mod on server

But mcreator team always work on updates and bug Fix'es

And second answer 

Actualy is not posible now MCreator is not supporting ang API so you ant make RF generator or items for IC2 (right now)

Eye for secrets

xXMCXx's picture
Gems: 384
This is probably one of the

This is probably one of the best mod makers on the web right now that is free to use! That being said this program is being updated all the time and of course if you encounter a problem you can report it. Also as you stated this is a program to create mods and you dont have to code (unless you want to then you can enter in your own coding) at all, so of course knowing how to program can beat any mod maker program but you can still make amazing mods with this program.

well that reassures me on the

well that reassures me on the performance side of things but no one has really answered why i've never seen any of these mods in mod packs before.

Is there a reason or is it a case that none have been picked up yet for popular mod packs.

Wes you said "Actualy is not posible now MCreator is not supporting ang API so you ant make RF generator or items for IC2 (right now)"

does this mean you cant really build any mods that expand on existing mods like thaumcraft and thermal expansion. do you also mean that you cant use any existing power systems in place like RF or MJ?

If so, that is a little disappointing but not the end of the world.

what I meant by my original

what I meant by my original secondary question though was it possible to create similar visual effects using this mod creator. I didn't mean using any other mods API's.

xXMCXx's picture
Gems: 384
RE:what I meant by my original

@fatmanboozer Any mod made by mcreator can be used in popular mod packs, But theres only a few mods that are actually good enough to be put in one. Not saying all other mods are bad but some on here took like 1 minute to make, while others took a month. And people mostly looking for mods to add to a modpack go to planetminecraft and such because those mods were actually coded.

RE:RE:what I meant by my original

@xXMCXx Thanks, that makes sense.

I will have a play around with this and see what i can do.
I have a few ideas that I know others have been wanting for a while.

hopefully they can be created using this mod creator :)